Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Words of Wisdom?

As this is the first blog I still have no real idea what this will be about other than a place to store random thoughts and bits of motherly advice some of which will be old-fashioned and some of which will be progressive.

I came to motherhood late in life, three children born after the age of 40.  With age, allegedly, comes wisdom and if not wisdom then certainly experience and patience.

Because I was raised by a mother who was a woman of the 40's and 50's, I was fortunate to be exposed to many skills that have gone by the wayside in the age of microwave, eat-out, hurry, hurry, hurry.  Furthermore, good old "Home Economics" was still taught in our high schools.

Now, a caveat to all that...  I am not a woman of the past but one of the present and future.  In addition to all the old-fashioned housewifey skills I am also a programmer and the owner of my own software business.  I have done things that were not part of the accepted practice for women of my generation and I have quite liberal social and political views but no agenda.  I will try to keep this blog from becoming preachy and I hope that buried in the tonnage you may find some nugget of useful information.

Time is running short in life and leaving some words out there (wherever "there" is) is my only goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment